SPEAKER: Dr Dennis Bailey
The symposium is in the process for accreditation by the Singapore Medical Council (SMC) for 4CME points and is valid for 6CDE points via Singapore Dental Council (SDC)
A General Overview of Sleep Medicine and Sleep Breathing Disorders
Sleep Bruxism: Is it Dental or Medical?
Evaluation and Findings Related to the Sleep Breathing Disordered Patient and The Nasal Airway - Screening and Evaluation
Management of the Sleep Breathing Disordered Patient: Imaging and Oral Appliance Therapy
SPEAKERS: PROFESSOR GILLES LAVIGNE
The symposium is in the process for accreditation by the Singapore Medical Council (SMC) for CME points and is valid for 6CDE points via Singapore Dental Council (SDC)
- What is Sleep and why we do Sleep
- Sleep Disordered Breathing - An Overview
- Sleep Bruxism vs. Sleep Disordered Breathing and Pain: Differential diagnosis and mechanisms
- Sleep Bruxism vs. Sleep Disordered Breathing and Pain management
Speakers: Professor Peter Cistulli, Associate Professor Ronald Lee, Dr Kenny Pang, Clinical Associate Professor Mimi Yow
The symposium has been fully accredited by the Singapore Medical Council (SMC) for CME points.
- SDB Pathophysiology and Treatment Approaches
- The Effects of Sleep-Disordered Breathing on Cardiovascular Disease
- A Combined Dental-ENT Approach in the Management of Upper Airway Resistance Syndrome
- Dentofacial Strategies in Establishing Upper Airway Patency
- Prediction of Treatment Response to Mandibular Advancement Splints
Professor Peter A. Cistulli MB BS(Hons), PhD, MBA, FRACP, FCCP has been appointed by the National University of Singapore (NUS) as the first Edmund Tay Mai Hiong Distinguished Speaker.
Prof. Cistulli is the ResMed Chair in Sleep Medicine at the University of Sydney. He is an active clinician / researcher with 25 years experience in respiratory and sleep medicine and is Head of the Centre for Sleep Health & Research in the Department of Respiratory and Sleep Medicine at Royal North Shore Hospital... Read More
The “Sleep Medicine for the Dentist” Symposium was organized by the Centre for Advanced Dental Education, Faculty of Dentistry, NUS, to raise funds for the Edmund Tay Mai Hiong Endowed Fund. The Course Directors were Dr. David K. L. Tay and Dr. Kenny Peter Pang... Read More